Home - Main Site - Contact Us
General view of Nant y Mowyn, with the Hills rich in Lead above it. The Towey in its early course extends through this valley to Llandovery & the Vale of Towey. Carreg y Mowyn has long been famed for its store of lead. Its Mines were worked by The Romans. Its present Workings have continued since the year 1742 & now belong to Lord Cawdor. The White House under Cerrig y Mowyn, was long the Residence of Mr Rolley, the Native & Experienced Agent of these mines’.
(Painting by John 'Warwick' Smith 1793, housed at the National Library of Wales)